Thank you Ross Chapman and the Pacific Finance and Invesment Ltd and Group of Companies and TCC for your love and support, sponsoring the WOWS TONGA 2012.
PFIL donated $15,ooo and TCC $10,000. Without your support we wouldn't be able to bring Vanessa Quai from Vanuatu and her band and securing venues and other expenses for the WOWS TONGA festival 2012.
Thank you Katalina Uili and 89.5FM staff, Monalisa Palu for all your support! Malo 'aupito Meleseini and Little Italy, Principle of Queen Salote College and staff, Noa Guest House and the Ministry of Police for your contineous support.
Main events for Tonga 2012
1. WOWS CONCERT with Vanessa Quai - Free concert to raise awareness and encouraging young people to Walk ON walk Strong what ever circumstances they go through in life. Donations at the door, we received TOP $1175.90. HRH Princess Latufuipeka was the guest of honor of the night. Local artist started off the night with beautiful singing and dancing before Vanessa came on stage!
2. WOWS WALK : Started at8am from Maamaloa Ground. Prayer led by Etuate Manuofetoa, and the walk started led by the Toloa Brass Band, followed by Hon. Fatafehi O Lapaha Tuita, which she has been supporting the WOWS WALK since it started in 2009. Then followed by hundreds of people who came to support, including a float prepared by one of our main sponsors - TCC.
Every year (since 2009) we supported the Child Cancer Foundation of Tonga (CCFT) with our WOWS WALK, and people donate $1 or more and join the walk. The past 3 years (2009-2011) TKF has donated all funds raised from WOWS walk to CCFT, Total of $14,000.
WOWS WALK 2012 received $1,024.30 which will be donated again to the CCFT.
FIRST FLASH Mob ever done in Tonga - was during the WOWS Walk this year with 150+ young people, which surprised those who joined the walk that morning. Thank you Ebonie Fifita and On the Spot team for believing in our children and you teach them well!! IT WAS AMAZING!!
3. WOWS Shave or Save: This was our first Shave or Save in Tonga. People nominate someone to shave and donate $1,000. Every dollar collected from this SOS went to the Tae Kami Foundation - Support Fund for the children with Cancer. This fund would be available to support the parents and their children directly or indirectly through the CCFT (that's if CCFT need something for the resource center or to help a child) Also available for the doctor at the oncology ward to request support for a particular child or family.
Money raised during the SOS 2012 = TOP $32,000. This goes to our first TKF Support Fund to help our children with cancer.
We would like to thank you all again for the love and support! For the two main Sponsors of the WOWS TONGA - PFIL and TCC .. Malo 'Aupito!!
To the Shavees
1. Rev. "Alifeleti 'Atiola and your daughter Momota 'Atiola
2. Doctor Paula Vivili and your Department at Vaiola Hospital
3. 'Akilisi Pohiva - No.1 People Rep for Tongatapu - Parliament.
4. Saia Faletau -World Bank
5. Kalisitiane Finau mo e Kalapu Kava Tonga - Nonga Soakai moe kau memipa.
6. Tisi mo 'Ana Vete moe kautaha Matalupe (Fua imoa) mei Kolomotu'a
7. Kautaha Digicel Tonga - Donated $10,000 with 6 people to shave their heads.. Thank You!
8. 'Amanaki a 6yr old who is also fighting cancer - shave his head too.
9. Sina Kami - second time to shave her head. First shaved in 2011 during the WOWS SOS Fiji.
Malo 'aupito to all the volunteers, WOWS Committee and TKF Trustees for all your support!
WALK on Walk Strong and God bless!